I am dead tired, but today Erin and Tim took me on a mystery date. It was probably the best date in the history of dates. The mystery was halfway solved when we drove down the interstate and Erin said, "Are we going to Memphis? Jackson? Nashville?" and then we took the Nashville exit.
So naturally we ended up going to the Turkish restaurant after two hours of catching up on each other's lives. The food was so so delicious, and Tim surprised me by paying for everything we did today! Which got kind of pricey, so it was super sweet and like a real date.
After eating and chatting with our Turkish waiter and friend from our visit last year (he remembered us and actually knew I'd just gotten back from Senegal because of facebook....kinda cool, kinda creepy)....um, okay, so after eating, Tim gave Erin cryptic directions from his iPhone, and then we pulled up outside a hookah bar! SO MUCH AWESOME! It was such a lovely personal thing, because I only ever smoke hookah with Tim and Erin, and he paid for it, and it was just so fun.
Then we went to the Parthenon and walked around and filmed some dancing. It was crazy hot and humid, though, so we walked over to Borders for some AC. Then we wandered over to Starbucks and asked the barista where he recommended we hang out in Nashville. It was already past 9:00, though, so we didn't take his advice. Instead we walked to an ice cream shop for some internally cooling sweets. Then Erin decided she wanted Starbucks for the drive home, so we walked back to the Parthenon for the car, then drove to get coffee.
The drive home was fun. It was so nice to hang out with Erin and Tim again. I love them dearly, and I love that we are all three so comfortable around each other. We could go from talking about future missions plans, to sex, to peeing our pants, to what a biblical church should look like. I love them so much.
Best date ever. Which isn't saying much, since I've never been on an actual date, but regardless, it was totally awesome.
oh my gosh. that almost made me cry.
ReplyDelete"since I've never been on an actual date..." Oh my goodness. I am losing faith in my fellow males. Are they completely devoid of intelligence? How could they not be chasing after you? Here is a lady who is intelligent, amiable, learns fast, is daring, adventurous and to top it off, very pretty. There are not many like you. I confess to being mystified.
ReplyDeleteI am losing faith in your fellow males, too. As mentioned in other blog posts. :)
ReplyDelete