Today was a wonderfully lazy Saturday. Only two things are worth noting. First, my poor baby puppy hurt herself being stupid, because she jerked her leg with her leash trying to chase after something or other. All day she's been hobbling along like a three-legged dog. It is both pathetic and hilarious. She is the adored member of our family, though, so all day we've been bending over backwards to show our love to her. I sat outside with her so she wouldn't be chained up alone. Mom brought her water bowl out to her, then set it a foot away, then brought it back to her mouth when she whimpered. Dad and I constantly praise her any time she gets up, moves, or shows that she is improving.
We love our dog, what can I say?
Second, I made yassa! I started at 2:30, cutting everything up and mixing the sauce as best I could. I found two wildly different recipes online, so I kind of mixed together what I thought sounded best and added some of the Jumbo cubes I brought. Here are pictures to document!
Cutting up the chicken breasts....I chose not to go with the whole chicken, since I have no idea how to do that.
Jumbo!
Lots and lots of onions.
Cooking.
It looks legit, except for the lack of a common bowl.
We ate at 7:00 (but two of those hours in between were free, because the chicken had to marinade in the sauce), and I have to say it was pretty.....okay. I added apple cider vinegar because one recipe said too, and it was a little overwhelming. But my parents liked it enough that I think they'll let me make it again, so bring on trial two!
Recipes, I need recipes!
ReplyDelete