Today was a heavy day. It was good, I guess, because it was one of those days where the divine and the mundane seem to merge, and I feel like I get a glimpse of my life as something important, as something that God is working on. That sounds kind of cheesily poetic, so let me explain.
I went back to my old school office this afternoon, because Jason wanted to hear about my time in Senegal. I used to babysit his kid, so I knew him and his wife pretty well, and they are passionate about world missions. Jason and I used to break from working to talk about how God was directing our lives, and it was really awesome to get to do that again.
There's just something different about sharing stories from my trip with someone who loves missions. They ask different questions, they get excited about the things I do, and there's a general air of awesomeness surrounding those conversations. I told Jason about my ideas for the future, and he shared what God is doing in his life, and I just had this feeling of "God is so crazy amazing, and I just feel giddy talking with someone about this God we both love so much."
And then Jason went and got all voice of God on me. By which I mean he randomly said, "I think maybe you know this, but from reading your blog and hearing you talk, I think you're going to end up on the mission field for the rest of your life."
It was the first time someone has said, not asked, that I will be a career missionary. And yeah, the idea has crossed my mind, though I tend not to think that far ahead. But suddenly it seemed so real, and it felt right. I know I'll go back overseas, and I can't really imagine a point in my life when I will say, "Okay, that's enough. I've traveled and told enough people about Jesus."
Then he went on to say that I will find a guy when I least expect it, and that God tends to bring missionary couples together in crazy ways. And for once it didn't bug me. I won't go into why this time was different, but yeah, when I think of the future, of living overseas for years and years and years....I want a guy beside me. I want a partner. Not someone to fulfill my every need, because that's God's job, but someone to work with me, to have strengths where I am weak, to talk to in English when everyone else is speaking gibberish.
So that was super awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment