Sunday, June 20, 2010

I am an Adult Child

I spoke at Gerald Steffy's church tonight, and I think it was my best yet. That was probably because the congregation was small and intimate, and it felt more like a discussion than a lecture. The people there are pretty awesome, and from the short time I spent with them, it was obvious they love Jesus and that He is working in really cool ways in their lives. I wish I were more vocal about my love for Jesus.

After that I went to the Wineinger's house, and going there is awesome because you inevitably come home looking like this:


Here are the things I did at their house:

1) Hurled axes at a bullseye.
2) Went joyriding in a muddy field in a crappy truck. Lindsay rocked it so hard that we stalled the truck twice.
3) Changed into the boys' dirty clothes and jumped around in mud puddles with Lindsay and Ashley. (best part EVER)
4) Cowered with Andrea when they busted out the fireworks and started throwing lit fuses around all willy nilly.
5) Soaked my feet in their hot tub.
6) Discussed all sorts of weird topics with the Princeville kids after everyone else had left. It made me want to take back all the high school crushes I've ever had, because boys are ridiculous! "I can't wait to go such-and-such, because there will be hot girls, and they will think I am hot, and blah blah blah." I hope I wasn't like that. Except I was. Thank goodness for maturity.

Kind of. After we jumped in puddles, Nathan smiled his Nathansmile and said, "You guys looked like little kids."

Seize the day!

2 comments: