Anyway, it's a good thing Compassion sets up funding so the money is automatically taken from my bank account every month, because I have been a horrible sponsor. I have not written to Melengo, and I really haven't prayed for him. I mean, financial support is great and all, but I'm pretty disappointed with myself.
Especially because Melengo is awesome! He has written me three letters, translated by someone else, and with little drawings at the bottom of the page. In the last letter, that I got today, he asked me to pray for his little sister, who is sick.
That's what really made me aware of my failure, so I promptly wrote him a letter and printed off pictures to send him. I really want to make praying for him a priority, and who knows, maybe someday I can visit him! I mean, traveling is kind of my thing.
So if you read this, I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop for a moment and say a prayer for Melengo and his sick little sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment