Wednesday, June 16, 2010

readysetGO

Okay, God, get your matchmaking boots on, because I am ready to get married! I blame hanging out with awesome couples in Jackson. Jennie and Dusty are completely adorable, and I find their little family system refreshing and smart and full of dance moves. Erin and Tim are hilarious and considerate and determined to be non-materialistic. And while Ashley and Stephen are a new couple, I am already a fan of their no-nonsense "I love you and want to marry you" mentality.

Also, Jason got my brain cogs turning when he said I would marry someone and be a career missionary, and possibly I would meet someone while I was overseas. Which would be smashing! I'm currently rooting for this British guy on youtube, who reads Twilight and mocks it for the internet. But possibly God will choose someone different for me.

Anyway, I've been thinking about my ideal future, and it looks like this:

1) Go overseas in some missional capacity.
2) Meet a guy who wants to devote his life to overseas mission work, who is anti-materialistic, and who is laid back but way better at everything than me.
3) I will adopt adorable children from many locations!
4) I will maybe have my own children, but I am blocking that possibility from my mind because the ickiness terrifies me.
5) We will be a big family of awesome that doesn't live in the US, because if I'm going to have a big family, I very much don't want my children to be corrupted by the evil United States. I slightly exaggerate my feelings. Slightly.
6) Ummmm, and then at some point I die, after I live a full life serving God.

So there it is, my future with a boy and some gendered children. We'll see how long this desire lasts. I suppose I could always journey on down to Jackson whenever I need to be reminded that marriage is not horrible and dream-crushing.

Hmmm, I realize that is extremely insulting to the married couples I know and love in Peoria. Apologies. I am mostly referencing young couples, because I am disenchanted by most young couples I know. Excepting Lindsay and Nathan of Peoria fame! They are definitely included in my "gives me hope" relationship category.

Done.

6 comments:

  1. BAH!
    oh how you have changed!
    call me!
    when you wake up!
    because i know you will check this! (hopefully)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I looked at this too late... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tricia, this sounds like the beginning of a plan, but it seriously lacks detail...! Dreaming is great, but planning is more practical and a whole lot more work. Add some meat to the bones of your plan. Where will you go? What languages will you learn and when will you start? Who will pay your rent and buy your groceries? Most importantly, what will they get in return? Good intentions do not displace results.

    I'm pretty sure you had your tongue in your cheek when you wrote this...at least I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tongue firmly in cheek. I have absolutely no desire to have my future planned out--that would take all the fun out of it! I would much rather live each day as it comes and trust God to put one thing in front of me at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, British kid is mine. I found him first.

    ReplyDelete