Saturday, June 1, 2013

Travel Therapy

Two of my favorite things in life have to do with escaping life:  books and travel.  If I think about that too much it is worrying.  Good thing I'm not going to!

Instead, I'm focusing on how excited I am to be looking directly at several months of funtimestraveljamsessions!  Next week I'm headed to Peoria for the weekend.  Later in June I'm going to Tennessee for a Senegal reunion.  In July I'm flying to Seattle to see my brother.  In August I'm back to Peoria for another wedding.  Nothing in September, but then in October, I'm going to Maryland to visit Elizabeth!

Small tip, if we are friends and you say, "You should come visit me sometime!"  I will take that crap seriously.  Elizabeth did that after a couple days of analyzing The Great Gatsby, and within 24 hours I had bought a plane ticket.  Apparently she lives very near F. Scott Fitzgerald's grave, and I'm so excited!!  That's weird, right?  I don't know.  I just love me some Fitzgerald.

Four states in five months.  If I throw in Texas, because I live here, that's five states in five months, which sounds much more impressive.  I've just decided to give into wanderlust all the time and not try to grow past or deny this need I have to GO and SEE and EXPERIENCE.  Those are human desires, I think, and not entirely bad.  So long as I also appreciate what I have while I have it.

"Hold me fast, hold me fast, cause I'm a hopeless wanderer...
I will learn, I will learn to love these skies I'm under."

Oh, Mumford & Sons.  I love you (AND I'M GOING TO SEE YOU IN ELEVEN DAYS OH MY WORD MY LIFE).

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you took me up on my offer! It's gonna be super fun. Also, re: your last post, depressing is a lying, vindictive bitch, and that comic is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) Mumford & Sons puts on the best concert I've ever been to. Have fun!

    B) Ummmm . . . you should come visit me sometime? ;-) (We could go to Atlanta and do [insert awesome Atlanta thing here])

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, Atlanta could be my spring semester trip!

      I'm so happily jealous that you've seen Mumford! I can't wait to join your awesome ranks. :)

      Delete