Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Arboretum

Last year, my mom and I went to the St. Louis Botanical Garden for a Chinese Lantern Festival.  We got duped into buying yearlong memberships, only we weren't duped, because you can use them at any botanical garden, and I've gone to the one in Dallas four times since moving here.  I get in for free, no parking, which saves $25, which means $100 for all the times I've gone (except I wouldn't, not for $25, yeesh).  Unfortunately, my swanky membership is over June 30th.

So I went today!  Alright, honest shameful admission: I mostly went so I could wear a tank top and get tan.  But THEN I walked in and there was nature!  And it was beautiful!  The flowers were all, "hey, look at me! no, me!" and the sky was all, "my blueness and clouds make you want to fall asleep in heaven, huh?" and the grass was all, "WALK ON ME!  TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES, WILL YOU?"

Noisy garden.

Because I don't do pretentious unless I'm going to do pretentious, I took some Auden and walked a ways, sat to read poetry, then walked a little further to read the next.  You know, just so everyone in the arboretum could admire my dedication to literature. 

Then I felt crispy, so I left.


No comments:

Post a Comment