Today is our last day as roommates. AH. Amy moves out tomorrow, and Liz and I are going to Tennessee. When we get back home, I will go upstairs, and she will drive to Carrollton.
Last night we all sat around and pre-judged the two replacement roommates. Sometimes you have to be mean to avoid feeling sad. That's not a good life lesson. But it's true. Liz and I were kind of cuddled up watching a movie with Greta Gerwig (the movie was okay, and after, Liz said, "the moral of the story is: Greta Gerwig is adorable" which is really all that matters), when Amy came in and later Jess. Jess even put her head in my lap momentarily. We are not a touchy-feely bunch. I mean, actually, I think we all are, but we are mostly touch-receivers rather than touch-initiators, so all that random affection was seriously depressing.
Jess and I are going to be reading cat-lovers, which will be nice, and then Liz started sneezing at the mere mention of cats in the house. Amy entertained us with her Day From Hell; I will miss her drama. Jess and I argued over what movie to watch tonight on our Last Night Together--she wanted to watch The Kite Runner, and I insisted I would cry and didn't want to. Instead I suggested Silver Linings Playbook, but Jess said bipolor was a trigger for her, and Liz piped in and said, "Well, The Kite Runner is pretty bad for Tricia like bipolor is for you. She wouldn't like it." Ugh, Liz. She's my little defender.
ALSO she is weirdly proud of the strangest things about me. Apparently when she was telling Amy and Jess about me before I moved in, she told them I passionately wrote on forum threads about Buffy the Vampire Slayer and liked to make dance videos. They were scared to meet me. When I told Liz that those are not things I want people to know about me before meeting me, she said, "But those are things I love about you!"
UGH, LIZ. I swear, she is so great. She's my best friend and so easy to live with and we get along like a married couple. If friends could get married or something, I might, because I can't imagine living with a husband as seemlessly as I live with her. But friends are often transient, and the power is in the non-commitment--it's choosing to wind the threads of your lives together for awhile, making each other stronger, and then spinning off to separate ways.
I freaking love her, and I'll miss her, and I'm so glad we have a four day roadtrip weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment