Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Don't Fit Into Peoria

I went to the Monahan's last week, and we spent two hours listening to their 70s rock music and 90s Christian music.  Then I went to the Wineinger's this week, and we sang country songs.

None of these things are exactly me, even though I had a hilarious time both nights.

I want people to like Mumford and Sons!  And Fun!  And Freelance Whales!  And Ingrid Michaelson!  I want to dance around to Mika and La Roux!

And most of all, I want to watch Buffy with someone who will analyze and cry and laugh and make intellectual comments on the feminism and the philosophy and the relationships.  I watched a bunch of Buffy fanvids, and had no one to share them with.  Where is Whitney or Liz?  Sad day.

Now I understand why people make their friends on the interwebs.  But I am too shy.

3 comments:

  1. Mumford and Sons!!! My brother and I spent an hour one day around Christmastime lying on the living room floor and listening to Mumford and Sons and talking about how awesome they are! So I agree with the music tastes thing. Similarly, I keep trying to evangelize my friends with Emmy and it keeps . . . failing.

    And pretty much since I moved to Iowa, I've been searching for/trying to create Buffy friends. Buffy fans need community. Otherwise we wither and die a little bit inside. So, I guess I agree with that too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHY DON'T YOU MOVE TO PEORIA??

    Nevermind the fact that I only work at a library, while you are studying/teaching at an accredited university.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( Sad Tricia...If you ever need some Buffy community I am here.

    ReplyDelete