Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nice Things

At the library today, I bonded with this kid who has yet to make it through an entire half hour story time.  While I was getting things ready and going between the meeting room and my office, I must have tricked him into thinking it was time to start.  He looked up at me with serious eyes and said, "I'm not ready yet."

I responded, "Good, because I'm not either!"  He blinked, unsure why I was agreeing with him.

Five minutes later I returned and said, "I'm ready now.  Are you!?"  With added over-the-top enthusiasm as per usual.  (I wanted to say uzsh, use, ushz...and that was my problem.)

We sat down and everyone introduced themselves.  Turns out it was this kid's birthday, so I asked what he was doing.

"I'msmefh Chuckie Cheese.  ... Do you want to come to my birthday?" 

*heartmelt*

(His grandma apparently also heartmelted, because she covered her mouth, squinched her eyes, and threw back her head to the heavens.  I was less obvious.  I think.)

So that was that.  Then I gave library tours to three different 2nd grade classes.  After the second, one girl came up to me and asked, "Are you a hugger?"

Suspecting this was a trick question, I haltingly answered, "Yeees."

She hugged me.

And THAT was that.

Then tonight I was listening to "Far Away" by Ingrid Michaelson, and I had a truly awesome creative idea.  I really hope I have the drive to finish it, but I have already spent two hours working on it after church, so I've got to call it quits.  I'm also only 1% done, so....we'll see how this goes.  But I really want to do it!  It looks so awesome in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment