Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Different Kinds of Kids

Some kids crack me up.  At the LEGO club at the library, I told everyone to make some kind of robot.  When they presented their creation to the rest of us, I asked what it was (because, like most LEGO creations, it was not immediately obvious).

One boy said he made a boat.

"A robot boat?" I asked.

"....Yeees.  A robot boat!"  And he therefore learned that you can BS your way through all educational experiences.

A couple minutes later a girl came forward.  She had also made a boat.

"A robot boat?" I repeated.

"No."  She looked at me like I was insane.  "It's just a boat."

I love those kids. 

It's the ones that refuse to stay in line and grab others people's stuff, then grin like that will get them out of trouble, that make me want to approach their parents and say, "Hi.  Are you aware of the fact that your child is obnoxious?  Kthxbai."

No comments:

Post a Comment