Sunday, March 6, 2011

Feminism in Vampire Stories!

Hahaha Vampire Diaries just makes me fist pump the air every episode.  It's like it is determined to show how stupid Twilight is.  Take episode 10:

Stefan:  I must leave you.  It is for your safety!

Tricia:  AUGH.  Stoppit with the drama!  Everyone knows you're going to come back, so that doesn't work.  And if Elena keeps telling you to stay anyway, then you are just being a chauvinistic pig who thinks he knows everything and the little ladyfolk only runs on her emotions!

Elena:  No.  I have already made my wishes perfectly clear.  If you are going to leave, then it is because you want to.  Your leaving is selfish; it's not for me.

Tricia:  FISTPUMP to the max.

Stefan and Elena:  *smooch*

Tricia:  Awww.

Also I'm a total sucker for those scenes with the vampire is all vamp-face and ashamed, but his love looks him in the demon-face and kisses him anyway.  If that is not a perfect picture of unconditional love, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment