Six ships you are into right now:
1. Damon/Elena (Vampire Diaries)
2. Sawyer/Kate (LOST)
3. Buffy/Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
4. Katniss/Peeta (Hunger Games)
5. Starbuck/Apollo (Battlestar Galactica)
6. Troy/Britta (Community)
Three ships you liked but don't like anymore:
7. Hermione/Ron (Harry Potter)
8. Buffy/Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
9. Puck/Rachel (Glee)
Four ships you never liked:
10. Harry/Ginny (Harry Potter)
11. Jeff/Annie (Community)
12. Rory/Dean (Gilmore Girls)
13. Veronica/Duncan (Veronica Mars)
Two ships you're curious about but don't actually ship:
14. Echo/Paul (Dollhouse)
15. Wesley/Lilah (Angel)
Why do you dislike 11 so much?
(Jeff/Annie) Because I just don't like Annie herself. She's too peppy and falls back on indignation too often to be funny. Her schoolgirl crush on Jeff makes sense, but whenever he starts to return her advances...gag me.
Who is someone you know that ships 14?
(Echo/Paul) Oh no! I don't know...it's not that I'm curious because someone else likes them. I'm curious because the show ships them, and I've never been 100% for or against them.
What would be your ideal scenario for 3?
(Buffy/Spike) I actually have high hopes for them in canon. I've always loved their partnership...that Spike is ready to back up Buffy, and she defends him in return. From what I saw in the season 8 comics, that camaraderie was still there. Now that Buffy is feeling the weight of the apocolypse on her shoulders, I think the playing field is a little more even. Spike's been behaving with complete maturity while Buffy is the one regressing. Hopefully that means any "You're beneath me" crap is totally finished. On with season 9!
What is your favourite moment for 1?
(Damon/Elena) Definitely the Miss Mystic Falls day, when Stephan is all blood crazy and therefore out of the picture. Damon steps in when Elena needs someone, and then they do the dance where they never actually touch because it's all in the anticipation. WHICH IS WHAT THIS SHIP IS ALL ABOUT. I won't lie, that was the moment I pulled my knees to my chin and squealed like a 12-year-old fangirl, because that is what I am at heart.
How long have you been following 6?
(Troy/Britta) Only a month or two. Don't ask me why, but it was this scene that cemented my love for them as a pairing. So much comedic potential!
What's the story with 8? What made you stop liking/caring?
(Buffy/Angel) Well...Spike came along. For the first season, I was super intrigued by the idea that she fell in love with the guy she was supposed to be fighting against. But once Spike showed that you could also be AWESOME in the process, well, the answer was easy. Send Angel to his own show and give him Cordelia!
You have the power to make one ship nonexistent. Choose from 10 or 12.
(Harry/Ginny) or (Rory/Dean) Ahhh I don't know! Rory dumped Dean on her own. And then took him back for some adultery because wut?? But she dumped him again. Harry and Ginny never realized how awful their love story was. So I'll go with Harry/Ginny, for their own good.
Which ship do you prefer, 2 or 4?
(Sawyer/Kate) or (Katniss/Peeta) Hm. I did really like Sawyer's relationship with Kate through season 3 of LOST. But it lost a lot of momentum, then hinted at a reunion, then just pretended it never happened. Booo.
On the better hand, Katniss and Peeta have an actual love story in which they, you know, fall in love. They go through hell together, then try to make a better life with each other in the aftermath. And since Peeta is my fictional boyfriend of choice, I pretty much have to choose them.
What interests you about 15?
(Wesley/Lilah) They are so screwed up! And that generally means awesome in my book. I like that their relationship was mutually selfish in the beginning, but turned into actual (mostly unstated) affection by the end. Of course, it was then cut short by tragedy, but this is Joss Whedon we're talking about. The reason I'm on the curious side is that I was always a Wesley/Fred shipper, and I just really wanted him to get the girl he'd been pining after for years.
Why did you stop liking 7?
(Hermione/Ron) I liked their bickering relationship in the first few books. It was very much a childish way to express a crush, which made sense because they were kids. But as they grew up and their bickering turned into full out fights...I just sat back and grimaced. How is hitting and screaming and bitter disappointment a recipe for a healthy, long lasting relationship? It was at that point that I saw how Harry and Hermione stood as equals, encouraging and uplifting each other, both actual threats in the war against Voldemort...and I was sold. Give me a love based in friendship over a love based in anger ANY DAY. Of course, J.K. Rowling does not share my opinion.
Did your waning interest in 9 kill your interest in the show?
(Puck/Rachel) No, because the relationships on Glee are always transitory. I watch the show for the music and the jokes, not the plot. And anyway, we got Puck/Zizes out of the deal, which is so much fun!
What's a song that reminds you of 5?
(Starbuck/Apollo) Oh gosh. I'm going to cheat and look online...brb. OH! Definitely Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. They are so screwed up, and they bring out the best and especially the worst in each other.
If you could have any two of these pairings double date, who would it be?
Spike/Buffy and Katniss/Peeta. I think they would have a lot in common, what with the girls being shouldered with the responsibility of saving the world, and the guys happily supporting them.
Have 2 kissed yet?
(Sawyer/Kate) Yes. Also their show is done.
Did 4 have a happy ending? If the show hasn't ended yet, do you think a happy ending is likely?
(Katniss/Peeta) They ended up together, but it wasn't exactly happy....but it was perfect! Mockingjay supporters FTW!
What would make you start shipping 14?
(Echo/Paul) Probably a rewatch. Knowing how it ends might make me more invested in the rest.
If only one could happen, which would you prefer, 2 or 6?
(Sawyer/Kate or Troy/Britta) This is hard because LOST is done, and they didn't happen, while Community still is going strong, meaning there's a shot. But if I could change LOST, I would definitely put Sawyer and Kate together. Juliet was meant for Jack.
You have the power to decide the fate of 10. What happens to them?
(Harry/Ginny) If we pretend the epilogue doesn't exist (DONE), then I say after graduation, they slowly realize their relationship is built on nothing. Ginny yells at him for treating her like a trophy, ignoring her his seventh year. Harry realizes he just wanted her to be his mother-figure. They break up, avoid each other for a year, then start hanging out as friends when Harry dates Hermione, Ginny dates Neville, and Ron finds someone who didn't go to Hogwarts.
Which do you dislike the most?
(Veronica/Duncan) I can understand her dating the stereotypical cool guy when she was the stereotypical cool girl. But then the world crapped on her and she took all that pain to become awesome....she became so much better than him! He is boring! And he doesn't even know it! And then she dates awesome Logan, so you think she's learned her lesson, but no. Back to Duncan. Ugh, Veronica. What were you thinking?
Which of these ships do you like the most?
Obviously Buffy/Spike is my OTP. But I love Katniss/Peeta as a real relationship, mostly because I actually know that they end up together and live with PTSD forever after. But in terms of current emotional investment, I've got to go with Damon/Elena, because their show is still running, and with each episode there is potential for shippy goodness!
No comments:
Post a Comment