Monday, March 21, 2011

The Hole in our Gospel

Of course after writing yesterday about having my change-the-world mentality renewed, I would crack open the book Wendy lent me called The Hole in our Gospel.  It's by the president of World Vision, and in the preface/introduction, not only did he mention the "let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" verse from the Lord's prayer, but he also talks about how we're meant to change the world.

I love when God teaches me something, then shows it to me again as if saying, "I'm serious about this, kay?"

I mean, come on.  Check out this quote from the very first page.

What is God asking for, really, from you and me?  Much more than church attendance.  More than prayer, too.  More than belief, and even more than self-denial.  God asks us for everything.  He requires a total life commitment from those who would be His followers.  In fact, Christ calls us to be His partners in changing our world, just as He called the Twelve to change their world two thousand years ago.

It's like he is reading my mind, but stating my thoughts more eloquently.

And that's just page one.  My arm is getting tired from all the air-punching I'm doing.

1 comment: