Friday, August 26, 2011

Hair

For the past week, I have been swaggering around Peoria, swishing my hair and knowing that I look better than ever before.

I love how I cut my hair. I love the darker color. I think I look super chic and stylin'. Every single morning I have grinned at myself as I left my room, because my hair is so awesome.

And no one (besides a quick comment from Bill) has said a word. I can't really draw attention to this, because you can't say, "Do you find my hair blindingly attractive?" without sounding pompous.

Then I went to Jackson, and Dusty said he liked my haircut, which, coming from the man who makes fun of me more than anyone else in the world combined, is like an atomic bomb compliment. And Jennie said she liked the darker color, that the difference was very obvious.

So now, every time I change my hair, I'm swinging by Jackson first for a bit of an ego pick-me-up.

(Also, compliments are this point are invalid. Even if you genuinely mean them, I will not believe you. Hahaha, of course, maybe everyone just hates it, and Jennie, Dusty, and I have very weird taste. THIS IS A REAL POSSIBILITY.)

9 comments:

  1. But seriously though, I said something when you walked in the door about your bangs because it's very obvious and nice. :) Dusty just repeated what he said in the kitchen, that he thinks it really suits your face shape well. Keep it like this. That is our vote. I know it'll change because I know you and your hair, but we really like the layering a lot. It really works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tell it like it is... Honestly, I had to inspect it for a while before I commented, because I was really trying hard to find a way to make fun of you for it. When I was unable to come up with anything, it was conclusive, the new style just works. I was even more impressed that you did it yourself. Now, if you could only style that single hair between your eyebrows, you'll be in good shape. I'm thinking you should dye it gold... Then you really WOULD look like a unicorn... OR at least one in training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that your hair is lovely, but, I do not pay compliments to those of the opposite gender when my wife is not present as a matter of practice. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it counts, I do believe I said I liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am truly offended at the lack of credence given my compliment upon the very first meeting and sighting of said hair cut and color. However, since I love you and think you are gorgeous, this will not influence my future possible compliments.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright, the Hughes and Smith families in general are very good at complimenting. :)

    Mom, you should have learned long ago that your compliments don't actually count. Sorry.

    Chris, that makes sense. Better safe than creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen you...I'm sure your hair is a smashing success and you are, of course, blindingly attractive.

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just so you know, I laughed out loud twice at what you said to your mom because I react the same way in my head to those kind of compliments from my parents, but never put it into words so well. Also, I happen to know I have looked quite hideous at times when my parents have said I looked cute. :) I will say, however, that if they weren't complimentary consistently, and only doled out insults I would be rather...well, insulted; broken hearted; down trodden; the list goes on. I guess I should appreciate those compliments, huh? Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennie--exactly, re: parental compliments. Definitely necessary, and if they were not there, life and self-esteem would suck. BUT they just don't hold a lot of weight, because yes, there are whole years of my life when my parents told me I was beautiful, and looking back, I laugh at my face. Lies! But it was nice to hear it at the time.

    ReplyDelete