Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Giddy Rambling Kinda Sorta With A Point?

My self-worth is hugely dependent on other people's opinions of me.  I know this is not the way it ought to be, but it is the way that it is.  When I was in middle school, I thought the more AIM windows I had going, the cooler I was, and the more I was worth as a human being.

I have not actually matured much since middle school.  I have simply expanded my internet trolling.  And tonight I felt so happy!  First Whitney was hilarious and answered all my hypothetical dating questions from yesterday (with the best being: Of course you will marry a geek, why is that a question?).  Then Laura sent me all sorts of David Tennant links.  Then I found out a stranger on tumblr had sent me the gif of John Simm that I wanted, and it was just a squee feeling of strangers helping each other out.  And I talked with Stephanie on the phone!  And then Mary and I had an epic conversation on facebook comments, which made me lol several times and then suddenly made me spiritually conscious.

All these people I love, some current big figures in my life, some past, some random, talking to me!  I LOVE FRIENDS.

Also I realized I need to be spiritually aware more often.  I am very quickly being sucked into the glittering abyss of entertainment.  So I'm limiting myself to only two TV shows a day (remember when we pledged to do that, like, a year ago, Stephanie?), which is so sad that that is a sacrifice.

Baby steps!  Because of friends in Scotland who I've only seen in real life for three days.  God does cool things with people and crossing timelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment