Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Nerdfighting

The other day I was getting into an excited rant about how awesome it is to be a nerd, because why would you love something a little when you could love it a lot? When I see something I like, I want to talk about it all the time, introduce my friends to it, dress like it, analyze the deeper meanings, make jokes about it, and look up fan sites about it online. That is far more preferable than saying, "Eh, yeah, it was pretty okay."

I was feeling pretty good about myself until I realized I was skimming the top off a fabulous quote of John Green, Head Nerdfighter and writer extraordinaire.

"Saying 'I notice you're a nerd' is like saying 'Hey, I notice that you'd rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you'd rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan.' Why is that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment