I'm maybe going to get a kitten in October (gosh darn it, Mom and Dad, just go to Italy and come back already!), so I've been a bit Little Animals crazy lately. Thankfully, the Bakers got a puppy, and Mom has been taking it out during lunch for them. Since Mom was busy today, I walked over and played with him. He is adorable but kind of needy and pesky.
Mom compared it to having a baby.
"But--" she said.
I nodded sagely and finished, "Animals are cuter."
That was...not what she meant? So we had a long argument about whether or not animals or babies were better, and neither of us could be convinced. Finally, she said, "If you feel that way, you probably shouldn't have kids."
"Not telling me anything I don't want to hear," I answered.
"If you adopt a kid, you still have to keep them."
"Hm...I will just wait and adopt them when they are old, so I don't have to take care of them for very long."
I'm going to be a brilliant mother. Ugh. Nope, that's still weird. Don't want to be a mother.
hahaha this is funny Tricia. I could see the look on your face as you were typing those last lines. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I feel the exact opposite. There was a baby with a family moving their daughter in today and he was adorable. Much cuter than a puppy. :)
I'm glad you, and all people, are not like me, because that would be scary and I wouldn't be special and the human race would die out. Wifever you have kids, I'll bring my kitten over for a play date. :)
ReplyDelete