My mom and I were reminiscing about how I was an English major for one whole semester.
Mom: I do wish you would still do something with writing.
Me: I keep a blog.
Mom: Something more!
Me: ...
Mom: Youre so good! Everyone should read your stuff. Just send something in.
Me: I don't think you understand how difficult it is to get something published.
Mom: I would read it!
Me: I did start a book in Mongolia. Did you read that scene I posted on my blog?
Mom: Well, see, I didn't finish that one.
LOL, encouragement. You're doing it wrong.
I think about how cool it would be to be a writer. But for me if I KNOW I am writing something for someone else to judge, it is bad. It stresses me out and is not fun. So maybe if it's what is supposed to happen, it will happen "accidentaly." I mean this for you...not me...Not sure I could actually handle how "cool" it would be to be a writer. ;)
ReplyDeleteOkay, that made me laugh!! I guess that didn't sound very encouraging! That just wasnt' my style. But I did like it better when spoken by the author. :)
ReplyDeleteoops- wasn't
ReplyDelete