Sunday, August 7, 2011

Geeking Out

On Friday night, I dressed up like Dumbledore and had the best time with 50 kids who came to the library aka Hogwarts.  They called me "Hey Dumbledore" the whole night.  When I got onto several boys who were wearing Dark Marks, half tried to duel me, and the other half I convinced to be double agents.  Many said it was "SO MUCH FUN" and one kid fell over in wishfulness, saying, "Why can't school be like this?"

Best library party ever.  Also, I want to find more reasons to dress up.  It is so fun!

I've been trying to watch as much Doctor Who as possible this weekend, which has been sadly interrupted by an unprecedented amount of social activity.  I hung out with Michelle, ate dinner with my grandparents, partied at the Monahan's, went to Missions Sunday, went golfing (er, golf cart driving with Lindsay, really) with the Wineingers, and stopped by the bowling alley.

I KNOW.

I was trying to get Emily into Doctor Who.  Unsuccessfully, to her detriment.  You know when you say something, then realize just how true that thing is?  Different parts of the brain sparking at different speeds.  I told Emily that Doctor Who is generally a decent show, with average fun episodes.  But one fourth of the show just suddenly becomes mind-blowingly awesome, and it is those episodes that make me a fanatic.

I just watched two such episodes.  AND MY MIND IS BLOWN.

Yesterday I put as my facebook status: "Some girls are waiting for their Prince Charming.  I'm waiting for the Doctor."  Not very many people got it, but I meant it so hard.  Traveling through space and time, being witty, marveling at his genius?  Yes please!

I really enjoy being a geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment