Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bartering is My OTP

Librarian conferences are like Istanbul! Not so, you say? How would you know. I've just spent two days at one, so my opinion is law.

So after a bunch of seminars and yummy food, ILA put together a vendor extravaganza. And it was just like shopping in the Grand Bazaar! I basically went from stall to stall, saying, "Is this free? Can I have that if I listen to you? Sure, I'll take your business card. Now give me my swag!"

My favorite book distribution guy was also there. I saw he was reading Beauty Queens, and we bonded over how awesome it is. He demonstrated how it made him laugh out loud obnoxiously during a seminar by laughing out loud obnoxiously at the vendors. I want this man to be my father-in-law. People who willingly embarrass themselves in public, but aren't actually embarrassed by it = best.

Also we went to IKEA last night and I want everything there. Incuding the Swedish meatballs. Mmm.

1 comment:

  1. I think that might be a fantastic part about being the mother of a teenager--embarrassing them in public. haha
    and yes, IKEA=fantastic.

    ReplyDelete