One time when I stayed the night at the Monahan's, Wendy and I stayed up very late, and we ended up talking about sex. I mentioned that it was weird I was so repressed and prudish in high school, and now I...will talk about anything and everything. Oh, the conversations I used to have with Erin and Tim! Comes from majoring in sociology and minoring in psychology, I guess.
But I firmly believe that people should talk about sex. Christians should definitely talk about sex! The best thing to make me want to wait until I am married was Wendy talking about how awesome it is, especially within the emotional safety of marriage. And anyway, sex just seems like this big hilarious joke to me that has taken over society, and I like discussing it! Even if the Monahans look at me funny when I say "penis" and "vagina" at the dinner table.
It is strange being a bridesmaid. Whitney and I are planning some low key bachelorette things, including a Sex Kit, which is cracking me up. Whitney is married and experienced, whereas I am not, so I'm deferring to her judgement. However, I am super excited to maybe go to a store and buy condoms! I will feel so scandalous, and inevitably, I will tell the check out person they are for my friend who is getting married, and they will be all, "lol, shut up, this is awkward."
Yay for marriage! I do really love weddings, and friens being stressed and happy and overwhelmed and changing their lives. It's all so exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment