When I was preparing to visit Emily and Joe for the weekend, I said I wanted to have adventures. Contrary to popular, i.e. one person's, belief, that does not mean I want to ride mechanical bulls. It just means doing as much fun stuff as possible without worrying about money or time or people's opinions.
And adventures we had! Emily and I went shopping for supplies on Friday, then went back to her dorm to carve Doctor Who themed pumpkins and watch Starship Ranger. I love the AVPM crew, but wow, that mess was all over the place. Still, I kind of loved it, and it was good enough that we quoted it throughout the weekend. Also I want the song where the evil Scorpion alien convinces Bug to infiltrate the human spaceship out of love and acceptance, or maybe to eat them. Yup, that's the kind of musical it was.
Joe came over for dinner; then we went to a Judson fall night somewhere down the road. We went on the most boring hay rack ride ever, during which students pointed excitedly to piles of smashed concrete and wondered whether anything scary was meant to happen. "Will someone with a chain saw jump out here? No? Look at that truck! Is he going to pretend to crash into us? ...no? Is anything scary going to happen?" Nope. But then I made a s'more and we left early. Also I wore my TARDIS hat and felt 100% cool. Ah, anonymity.
To watch 500 Days of Summer! And Joe stayed for the whole thing, which makes me believe in its awesomeness all the more. Emily's roommates and friends watched the end, then eight of us played Quelf! Until 1:30, which is maybe not outrageous for college students, but it is to me.
Sleep. Wake. We watched Young Victoria, and it was surprisingly adorable. Off to lunch with Joe, and this cute kid was dressed up as a cowboy but couldn't walk more than two steps before hoisting his lasso to his shoulder or hiking up his chaps. Then we went back to campus, where another fall activity was happening! Emily and I made a mediocre leaf painting, then drank hot cider and made s'mores.
I brought my fancy camera, so naturally we had to go around the fall-strewn campus and take pictures of each other. We found a blue emergency pole with a light on top, which we figured to be the modern TARDIS. I called for the Doctor, but I guess he doesn't want me as a companion. But I do not lose hope!
We started watching Sherlock so Emily could be introduced to its awesomeness. Then we ate dinner at Chiles and I went home. So much fall and so much Doctor Who! Always the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment