I listened to Disney music on my way to Jackson, which is definitely the best road trip music ever. No arguments will be accepted; this is fact. I realized that Disney shaped my worldview in more than just hair or Prince Charmings. Singing along with Belle, "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere, I want it more than I can tell!" or Pocahontas, "Why do all my dreams extend just around the riverbend?" My wanderlust comes from Disney! Shock, awe!
When I got to the Hughes household, Dusty's mysterious growth present was revealed! He grew a uni unibrow to match mine! Hahahaha, best present ever! The time it takes to pluck all your hairs but one until it grows out to be noticeable...brilliant.
We had a delicious dinner of steak, bread, and potatoes (my love for this meal is the greatest evidence that I am American) because it was Dusty's birthday. Then we packed into the car and went to Union's Homecoming!
I am a little insulted that the University Relations office because astronomically more awesome after I left. There were the usual booths and food and stuff on the Great Lawn, but we made a beeline to the hot air balloon. Yes. I met up with Ashley Thomas (weird new last name alert!) and we all waited over an hour for our turn.
But as we were waiting, fireworks went off! Like, better than Peoria's 4th of July show. I was a little worried that White Hall would catch on fire, but it didn't. I was holding Hannah and assuring her of their safety, and oooing and ahing over their prettiness. Then the booms started being felt in the ground, and I was saying, "How fun is this! How pretty!" while I thought, "Oh my gosh something has gone horribly wrong and we are going to die."
Then it was hot air balloon time. The Hughes family went alone, then Ashley and I went with some strangers. It was tethered, but we went up about three stories high. People looked small! And the fire above our heads was like, way closer than I imagined. Yay for another life first!
We got home, put the kids to bed, then stayed up eating cookie cake and talking about how the world should work. I'm pleased to announce that between the two of us, Jennie and I have it all figured out.
No comments:
Post a Comment