I am becoming a professional wedding crasher, if you understand that to mean I keep getting invited to weddings of people I don't know. As Josh said, "I figured this would be one of those weddings where three people stay on the dance floor the entire time, and everyone else will say, "Who ARE they?" And it'll be you, Lindsay, and Ashley."
Mostly true.
Nick's brother got married yesterday, and I don't know how I became the general Wineinger plus one (though I suspect Lindsay had some sneaky ulterior motives). Regardless, I'm glad I was!
I can tell I've gotten older because I've stopped be embarrassed by everything. The twins have this friend who likes to cause trouble, and he watched me watch Jake get up from the table. The friend smirked and said, "I saw you checking him out." Momentary panic, but then I just said, "Yeah. He looks really good in those pants."
Most of the eating time of the reception was filled with random, slightly weird conversation, of which I wholly approve! Lindsay felt bad, but then she threw up and it was all better. Hahaha, not that I advocate throwing up as a viable medicinal option, but the change it made was remarkable.
Then there was dancing, except the DJ was kind of awful, spending half the time with cutesy planned dances for the bride or for kiddos or for married couples. But when it was dancing for everyone, Lindsay and I hit the dance floor. As she said, it's fun to dance at these weddings where no one knows you, because then you don't feel as stupid for flailing your arms and feet around.
There were fast songs, and the requisite party songs like Electric Slide. I tripped a kid during that, like a two-year-old, and I didn't know what to do. Luckily Jake jumped in to comfort him and get him on his feet while I continued to dance in guilt. There was also a bit of swing dancing (there needed to be more! That is, I think, my favorite) and some slow songs. I had decided not to obnoxiously force people to slow dance with me, but I did get to slow dance once, and it was very nice.
Of course, when we decided to help pack up the food and leave, all the good dancing music started.
Weddings are everything I love: dressing up, celebrations of love, food, friends, and dancing. So glad the Wineingers let me enjoy that this weekend.
I'm sooo glad you went... and i have no idea what ulterior motive you might be speaking of.... *psh*..*cough* I'm pretty sure my fun would have been squashed by all non-dancy boys without you. You are my fun bringer!
ReplyDeleteYes, well obviously I don't mind your ulterior motives. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I will always dance with you and bring the fun! Even if the songs are ridiculous about windows and walls and other things I couldn't understand and probably don't want to.