Sunday, November 27, 2011

Little Bit of This and That

"They say you're really not somebody, until somebody else loves you.  Well, I am waiting to make somebody somebody soon."

Ingrid Michaelson, I get where you're coming from, and I know we're soulmates and all, but come on!  That is....so sad.  I refuse to believe it.  Even though you worded it so cleverly.

I like going out to lunch with friends, talking about eating placentas and drinking breastmilk while we eat our meals and drink our sodas.  Jake is gone again, which is weird because it seems normal when he's here.  Super jealous that he's going to Japan.  I just.  Really want to go.

Only a month until I visit Liz in Texas!  I am going to like, eat some dirt while there, or maybe just breathe the air?  I dunno what makes Texans so sure that their state is the best place on the planet, but I want in!  But maybe the Texans won't have me if I go around eating their beloved soil.

Rory is just about the most perfect thing in existence.  Except for his habit of waking me up at 6:30 by crawling up to my face, laying across my neck, and purring in my ear.  Adorable.  Until he bites my ear.  When I swat him away, he thinks we are playing a game, and gleefully pounces on my hand.  When I hide it under the covers, he resorts to chewing my hair.  What?!

A cat is kid enough for me.  At least, it is without a husband to say to, "Urgh, you deal with him/her this time."  Partnerships are a beautiful thing.

I want to be creative, to paint or draw or write, but I am paralyzed by too many options.  This is why school and I get along so well.  It forces me to do things with assignments and projects, and I grumble but secretly love it.  I need direction.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Tricia, This made me laugh. First, because I love the mental image of you eating dirt and a bunch of angry Texans ganging up on you and throwing you out. Secondly, because I read the third to last paragraph as, "Roy is just about the most perfect thing in existence." And I was already thinking that was kinda a weird thing to say, but then you continued to talk about him crawling up to your face and laying across your neck . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at the Rory thing because it reminded me of the video we showed you with the cat and the baseball bat. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've hidden all objects capable of bludgeoning me in my sleep. Rory is not super smart, but I'm not taking any chances.

    ReplyDelete