"I am so impressive."
"You wish."
My OTPs are always big with the banter, and Doctor/Rose is no exception.
I love that the first thing we see of the future is.....a grate! lol. Did the editors make a mistake, or is this a comment on the unchangingness of humanity?
Angsty!Nine, taking his companion to her planet's death.
I see whut you did thur.
You want someone to feel your pain?
What a jerk, Nine.
I love you.
Even though I wholly believe the Doctor is undermining Rose, he is genuinely excited to see her see aliens for the first time.
I would totally take air from the Doctor's lungs as a gift. As Jabe says, "...so intimate!"
Alien flirting. Awesome.
I love when DW gets all funny about the future looking back at our time. Five billion years from now, people will think ostriches had wingspans of 50 feet and could blow fire out of their nostrils. Of course, this opens so many thought-doors of what we incorrectly assume about the past.
I love that Rose goes through culture shock. It's not like the Doctor made it easy for her. Aliens galore, happily overseeing the death of her planet.
Similarly, I'm ecstatic that Rose realizes what a stupid move it was to just jump into a "spaceship" with a strange man. NOT A SMART MOVE outside of kiddie television.
Rose/Doctor is best because she refuses to let him have the upper hand. She won't let him get carried away with his angst or singularity. She makes him think of others.
Life Lesson: Racial purity leads to 708 plastic surgeries resulting in becoming a jerk trampoline. Do not be racist!
Got it in one. The Doctor = self-destructive.
More hints of the Doctor's past. I remember being SO INTRIGUED and frustrated that more wasn't revealed and quick.
Sci fi absurdity. Why are there spinny metal wheels of death directly above the walkway? Stupid.
Why would Jack/Face of Boe host the viewing of the end of Earth? Sentimental? Out for profit? Yeah, yeah, maybe I shouldn't overthink a bit of retconning.
Sassy!Doctor. I like.
Jabe called him a Time Lord!
Goodbye Jabe...
The Doctor inspires such devotion from people, it's ridiculous. And they often end up dying for him.
This is why I love this show! So subversively angsty!
Goodbye Earth...
All in all, not a great first adventure for Rose.
In fact, I'm super impressed she decided to keep travelling with him.
"Everything has its time and everything dies."
This. This! This is a great quote to sum up the different worldviews of naive!Rose and sullen!Doctor at the beginning of the relationship. Oh how different they will become!
Epic hand hold. This ship. It kills me.
And then the Doctor shares a bit of himself with Rose. His planet is also gone because they lost a war (oh, leaving out a bit of your culpability, eh, Doctor?), and now he is the last of the Time Lords.
"There's me."
"You've seen how dangerous it is. You want to go home?"
"I dunno. I want--can you smell chips? I want chips!"
Perfect ship is perfect. Their honesty is fantastic. Her ability to make him laugh is lovely. His desire to protect her is lovely.
And with two big smiles and an arm cling, the episode concludes.
No comments:
Post a Comment