Zombie ghost aliens! This episode has it all.
Dude, pay attention when a creepy blue light covers your dead mom's face! That usually means something bad will happen.
LOL at the guy coming to see Dead Mom strangling her son and he just resignedly says, “Oh no...”
Ew, her face is genuinely creepy.
I LOVE THE THEME SONG.
“What happens in 1860?”
“I don't know, let's find out!”
“I don't know, let's find out!”
Rose has upgraded to helping pilot the TARDIS.
This is why I love this show. The wanderlust is overwhelming.
Oh, hello Gwen. I mean, Gwen's great great grandma or whatever.
….Laying on the floor, laughing happily. I see you, Doctor/Rose.
Rose being all deep. The Doctor is so pleased with her. “Better with two.” They are so almost in love.
This is one of the only times they have to dress up to fit in, right?
Charles Dickens!
Aw, he's lonely. That will soon change, sir. Don't even worry.
“Blimey!”
“Don't laugh.”
“Don't laugh.”
“You look beautiful! Considering.”
“Considering what?”
“You're human.”
“Considering what?”
“You're human.”
THEIR CUTENESS IS UNBEARABLE.
Linked arms. :)
Dickens, please notice the gross decaying woman in your audience!
First special effects. Unintended, but still.
Phantasmagoria needs to be in more people's vocabulary.
Oh no. Rose is kidnapped!
Flattery is apparently very effective with Dickens.
“Rider, be swift! The chase is on!”
I love Dickens.
Rose is only 19. And now I'm remembering why they squicked me out for awhile. Admittedly, the Doctor's fondness for pretty young women is...worrying. But at least nothing ever happens between his companions and him. Even when they end up wildly in love. :(
“What in Shakespeare is going on?”
LOL.
Rose, don't ask the zombie guy if he's alright! Just run!
At least she's getting a little more proactive. She threw a flower vase at the zombies before banging on the door and screaming for help.
Run, Doctor, run!
“I think this is mine.” HAHA Doctor.
“Hi!”
And they're clinging to each other.
I just really can't...handle how cute they are. And so early on!
The Doctor's grin as Rose accuses the undertaker of getting handsie. He likes her spunk.
“Can it be that I have the world entirely wrong?”
“Not wrong. There's just more to learn.”
“Not wrong. There's just more to learn.”
Once again, Rose is bonding with the lower classes. Her compassion and class blindness is one of my favorite things about her.
Does Gwen see the future because of the Rift?
Metal birds with people in them. Yeah, the idea of planes is terrifying.
Oh, hello Doctor. Yup, it's the Rift. Probably that has something to do with her descendent looking exactly like her. And having the same name.
The Time War (supposedly) wiped out nearly all the gaseous aliens. Way to push the Doctor's buttons.
I love when TV shows make me consider horrible things as possible.
Why not give the aliens human dead bodies so they don't die out?
“Leave her alone! She's exhausted, and she's not fighting your battles!”
You go, Rose. Put the Doctor in his place.
Rose is so pure and moral.
The Doctor is not okay with that. He wants to make her into him.
The beauty of their relationship is that Rose's worldview DOES grow, but she maintains a strong sense of right and wrong, and actually makes the Doctor more like her.
“Time can be rewritten just like that.”
Oh, Nine, that's Eleven's line!
Angelic alien Gelf.
Don't trust the angelic alien Gelf!
The Doctor has such unrelenting pity for the end of races, no matter what that means for others.
Wuh oh. Angelic alien Gelf are really eeeevil.
“I pitied you!”
“We don't want your pity. We want your world and all its flesh.”
“We don't want your pity. We want your world and all its flesh.”
That is a nicely creepy line.
Rose, you can die before you are born. You'd think the Doctor would have explained that straightaway, considering he loves running into danger. And all the Doctor can say is, “I'm sorry.”
At least he has a sad face on.
He feels responsible for everything always.
And he gets all angry about the thought of himself dying, just like Ten will do in five years.
“We'll go down fighting, yeah?”
“Yeah.”
“Together?”
“Yeah.”
“Together?”
“Yeah.”
“I'm so glad I met you.”
“Me too.”
This, I think, is a big moment for Doctor/Rose. Which makes sense. The threat of death makes people rethink their relationships. And now, I think, they are more aware of just how much they like each other.
Yay, Dickens! You saved the day!
Gweneth...you poor tricked girl.
She's so strong though. Willing to sacrifice herself to save the world.
I love the understated way people are heroes in this show.
“There are more things in heaven and on earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Even for you, Doctor.”
Even 900-year-old beings can learn new things.
That's quite lovely.
Learning about a bigger world makes the little things, the close relationships, all the more important.
That is also quite lovely.
What a good show this is. :)
There's a running theme of meeting famous people who aren't confident in their ability, then assuring them that their works will last forever.
Also quite lovely and touching.
Seriously, this show! You hit all my buttons.
No comments:
Post a Comment