Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Emily

I'm going to visit Emily this weekend, and I am very excited!  Mostly because I have fun with her, but also because our conversations are golden.  She fascinates me, because while it has long been established that we have the same brain, our life experiences are completely different.  We approach everything from opposite perspectives, but often come to the same conclusion.  The how is the fascinating part!

I sometimes forget how different we fundamentally are.  Her family is, well, I don't think any family is perfect, but when you have to strain to see cracks, you're doing pretty good.  At the very least, her family is nearer the ideal than my dysfunctional mess (said with affection and stuff).  And there's the fact that she's been dating the same guy since birth (or 14 or whatever), while I have not.

She tells me about a friend who is perpetually single, but creates drama with boys and tries to imagine a world where all the boys want to get with her milkshake (the rap references, I am not so good with them).  And while I totally get how that comes across as annoying, mostly while she complains about said friend I am thinking, "lol I am that girl, I empathize with everything she does."  However, as Emily pointed out, I know those habits are annoying, which is why I mostly shut my big mouth.  No one likes to hear your deep personal pain when fun times could be had.

Or as I like to think, if you're going to have deep personal pain, at least have a sense of humor about it.

So we don't connect on many life experiences.  And yet I enjoy her so much!  She is like a window into another world.  And also she fangirls about AVPM, and likes to go adventuring, and is totally up for making dance videos in a mostly danceless Peoria.  I like my brain-twin.  (Mm, I'm very aware that that makes me sound extremely prideful.  But pride is something else I share with my brain-twin, so it still counts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment