Liz and I are watching Veronica Mars together. Mostly since we've lived together in Dallas, we've shared favorite movies or gone to the theater or kept up with current TV shows. But we haven't been addicted to a series, not like how we watched Buffy in Fatick or anything.
It's nice, coming home and waiting for the other to arrive. Then the one who has been waiting sidles into the other's room and says, "How was your day? Oh, that's nice. ...Veronica Mars?" Then there is hysterical giggling and a rush to set up the DVD in a laptop and settle on someone's bed.
Sometimes we even drink tea and eat baked goods, and then it feels exactly like being in Fatick.
(When Liz was properly obsessed with Buffy, there was one time at a Friday night dinner at the Forsythe's when Liz kept making eyes at me, so finally I stretched big and yawned, "Wow! We'd better go home!" Kim pointed out that it was only 9:00, so I stretched again. Liz burst out laughing and confessed, "We just really want to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer!" I think Kim was offended, but we moto-ed home with the cool night breeze in our faces and collapsed onto our cheap couch, exchanging ponjas for shorts and sinking back into the world of Sunnydale.)
No comments:
Post a Comment