Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Terrify Children (And Enjoy It)

I am Black Widow, tiptoeing to hide on one side of the refrigerator.  Ketan, Spiderman now, clomps toward my hiding place.  Anju is in the playroom putting on lip gloss in some sort of preparation to be Wonder Woman.

Ketan thinks he is sneaking up on me, but I glide around so that when he jumps on my previous hiding spot, I'm no longer there.  I'm behind him, and I scream at him until he falls on the floor gasping for breath and laughing in panic.  That was so fun I decide it ought to happen again.

Ketan and I hide on the stairs outside the playroom where Anju is singing One Direction songs and still applying lip gloss.  Ketan says, "Come out here Anju!" and grins at me.  When she walks to the doorway, he leaps down at her, which makes them both scream.  Before Anju can recover, I jump down as well and roar at her.  She falls to the floor and skids halfway across the room.  She clutches her ankle and absolutely sobs.

I hurry to her, but despite her expression of utter despair, her ankle is fine.  So I giggle.  That pisses her off ROYALLY.  She screws up her face, flings a fist at me, and yells, "I HATE YOU.  I wanted to have fun, but you SCARED ME."

I still giggle.  "I wanted to have fun too.  And I did when I scared you!"

This does not make her feel any better.  As she pouts I poke at her and explain, "Scaring people can be fun.  Do you know what you can do when someone scares you?  First you scream in terror, and then when you can breathe again, you tickle-attack them."

Anju's glare turns half mischievous, and then she launches herself on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment