I am three days into my five day class. I wake up at 6:45, drive half an hour to school, attend class from 8:00-5:00 with an hour lunch break, drive half an hour to pick Ketan and Anju up from school, then work until 9:30. I was handling this 14-hour schedule really well for like, two days. Which, to be fair, is the equivalent of going to class for two months.
But right now I am DYING. And I want to read fun things. And what is television? And SLEEP. And ugh, I'd like to stop wearing my glasses. Oh, and I contracted for a B so that I don't have to write a final 20-page paper, and it's the first time I've ever chosen to get a B, and I'm really proud of myself for doing this because it's a big character development moment for me, but I'm worried about people yelling at it for me and making me doubt myself so I'm just slipping it in here.
Despite my extreme level of tired, I think I would definitely do a January class again. It's the kind of challenge I like to force myself to achieve. This is pretty much a student's marathon run. I CAN DO THIS AND I WILL FEEL SO GOOD FOR IT.
Because I'm never going to run a real marathon. The girl next to me in class tried to make small talk and said,
Girl: Do you run?
Me: "HAHAHAH no."
Girl: I'm thinking of joining a running club.
Me: That could be good. I hear people do that and enjoy it.
Girl: Yeah! I mean, you could totally join one, there are some near school.
Me: No, no. I will never join a running club. But that's good for you.
Girl: Oh, you could--
Me: No.
I'm tired.
I am TOTALLY PROUD of you for deciding to get a B. As someone who worked herself into a nervous mess keeping up her 4.0 through college, I know that getting all A's is not all it's cracked up to be, but I also know how hard it is to be okay not getting an A. So, GO TRICIA!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Nellene! I know you understand. I really appreciate your encouragement and validation.
DeleteI laughed at your running dialogue...oh HA I just laughed at my unintentional play on words. :) I think if I had to sit in class for 8 hours a day, and then be with kids for 4 hours, I'd go crazy. On a side note, these kids go to bed at 9:30?
ReplyDeleteTheir bedtime differs according to daily schedule, but during the week the goal is sometime between 8 and 9 (I get home by 9:30 after talking to parents and stuff). On weekends they are allowed to stay up until 11. I thought that seemed extremely variant and possibly damaging, but after several months, I'm convinced they're totally normal and even healthy. It works for them!
Delete