Thursday, September 29, 2011

Story Time

When I found out Jenna used to have story times with her 5th graders, my reaction was something like, "D'awww, how adorable.  Big kids like being read to just like my baby library story time kiddos."

Then I remembered that Dr. Poe, in our Honors C. S. Lewis class, used to start every class period by reading us a story from his Greek Mythology for Kids book.  And it was awesome.

So.  Never too old for story time?  Y/Y.

2 comments:

  1. They loved The Giraffe, the Pelly, and Me by Roald Dahl. Maybe because I did voices...Also, they were totally into Gregor the Overlander and the first one in the Missing series. :) This year I've had to read garbage like the Magic Tree House...

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very true... I was complimented on my use of story telling to illustrate some history points in my sermon this morning and these folks are very "Seasoned Saints." Age is never a factor when something grabs and holds someone's attention.

    ReplyDelete