Thursday, September 1, 2011

Gifts and Reminders from God

When I left Senegal, I asked God to keep sending people my way who would encourage me and remind me how much I love missions and want to serve God overseas.

Because life in America?  It's like the Devil's Snare (ack! so aptly named!) in Harry Potter, that winds around you and traps you before you even realize it's touching you.

And God did that.  He sent Megan, and Rebekah.  Last month I had a wonderful time getting re-excited about missions via Mallory and Mary.  And on Tuesday night, I had a delicious dinner with Steve and Candie Pauli.  We talked about Mongolia, and our Mongolian friends in specific.  We talked about Sarah's journey as a missionary, and how exciting and scary it is that God is moving her on to something new.

It reminded me that I want that.  The fear and the excitement.  I know that I'm meant to be in Peoria now.  I'm not ready for "that next step."  And I'm okay with that, mostly.  I'd rather wait and grow than be thrown into something for which I'm unprepared.

But I'm so thankful that a year after my prayer, after I've even forgotten I asked God for this gift, He keeps on giving it.  I kind of love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment