Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cats Can Be Missionaries Too

I have this theory that God gives us awesome things so that we can share them with others. And Rory is scarily awesome. He used his litter box from the start, he is hilarious when he pounces and tosses his catnip mouse, and he cuddles with lazy trust. I am a bit worried something awful will happen, to be honest. How can he be everything I wanted?

Well. Because he isn't meant just for me.

I took him to meet Grandma and Grandpa yesterday. They actually asked to see him, which blew my mind. Grandpa liked to pet him, and Grandma liked to watch him play. I asked Grandpa if Rory had healed him (pet therapy and all that) and I'm pleased to announce that he said yes (and was lying)!

Later a friend was over, and was having a crappy moment. I am truly awful at comforting people. My brain goes something like this, "This is a hugging moment, right? But...should I stand up? Side hug? Will she know it's coming? What if she starts crying? Should I offer food? ...oh man, it's way too late now."

So in the midst of my awkwardness, I prayed one of those desperate, "God, do something, make this better, please help I don't know what to do!" prayers. And thirty seconds later, Rory stopped pouncing around and playing, jumped into her lap, and promptly curled up and went to sleep.

He is totally missionary cat, and I love him. So if you are ever having a lousy day, I've been blessed with a really adorable kitten, and you are quite welcome to come cuddle with him for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. You should read Wemberly Worried. Because your questions made me think of that. Also, it's okay if people cry. Just let them. Just be there girl. :)

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is an amazing missionary cat. =) And you are a great friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete