Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm Back

Well, I'm in Peoria.  I am not even trying to be happy about it, but maybe tomorrow I will try.  I about equally want to sink into post-mission depression or rise above it.

However, I am not at all sad that I went, even though going inevitably meant leaving.  I so so so much loved spending time with Liz.  She is my soul mate, and no day is bad with her in it.  And it wasn't just her--I love the Forsythes.  I love Mallory (what's before google?).  I even love the new Hands On girls.  I mean, I want to continue living with them and hanging out with them, that's how much.  And I love my Woodlanders, especially outside the Woodland zone.

So it was great, and the retreat in particular was just amazing.  I mostly felt very useless, doing menial jobs that anyone with basic motor functions can do.  But I feel so blessed, that God allowed me to go on this trip and just absorb and watch women who are desperate for God.  I left feeling that I can't not be a missionary.  It's the easy way out, really.  I want to be desperate for God, and it's a lot easier to be desperate for Him when you're living in a poverty-stricken country, fighting against daily spiritual warfare.

That's scary.  But also intensely exciting.

I don't really have thoughts for this blog.  They are in my head and my heart, and are not ready for words yet. 

I want to go back.

1 comment: