Saturday, November 6, 2010

Awesomeness

I got to see Mbagnik today!  I was hanging out with Mallory and the kids in an igloo (the sheet was clipped over a fan, and it was wonderful) when Ethan asked if I wanted to see him.  I said yes, so he fetched him from the Cisse household.  At first he was being all coy and wouldn't even come inside the gate, but I picked him up and carried him to the living room, where I threw him on the couch.  After some abuse, he said something in French.  Ethan translated that he said he didn't want me to leave again.  AAAAGGGHHH.  I love this kid.

Most of us Woodlanders went to Madame Ndours house for our first jewelry excursion.  Liz and Lamba came along as translators.  I love Lamba.  I taught her to say "See you later, alligator--after while, crocodile!"  The Ndours were chaotic and lovely.  Ten women, along with twice as many children and grandchildren, gathered outside to learn to make earrings.  Some of them did very well, and some pretty much wanted us to make the earrings for them. 

Sally gave her testimony, and it was true and great, but because we planned for it in mid-jewlery making session, people were not paying close attention.  We plan to fix that in upcoming sessions.  However, a few women really listened, and asked questions, and said they would pray for her.  My request is that all of you would pray for them--that the words of peace and assurance that she spoke to them would be another piece of kindling that God will one day set on fire.

Speaking of actual missionary things, I really want Lamba to be a Christian.  It's going to happen, I am positive.  She translates spiritual discussions for the Hands On girls regularly, as she did today.  She hangs out with Christians often.  And best of all, what shows me that God is working in her life is this:  a few days ago she had a dream in which she was on top of a mountain with Jesus and the Holy Spirit. 

!!!

I thought those sorts of things only happened in books and stories of people I would never meet.  But Lamba is dreaming about the true God, and I want so badly for her to realize Jesus' awesomeness, and soon!  So please pray that God continues to work in her heart, that she would be open to His truth, and that I would lay more kindling on her heart.

This trip is awesome.  I love the Forsythes.  I love my housemate (we danced to the credits of Slumdog Millionaire twice).  I love going to market.  I love the Woodland team.  I love the new Hands On girls.  I love the new Journeygirl.  I love my Senegalese friends.  I love being back here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're having an awesome time! I'm so glad that it's as great as you remembered, and some things even better. I miss you and love you. I would miss you a lot more and love you if (*cough* when) you move away and be a full time missionary. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me smile about Mbagnik's response to you. You made me teary for Lamba. I will pray. I will pray for the opportunity for you to share with her, too. Glad you're happy!

    ReplyDelete