I love weddings.
Today Tim came over and we had a family breakfast. We are newly named the MMCs. The food was delicious. I love my friends.
We went to a nail salon, but I didn't want to spend money on having pretty nails. Once the other customers cleared out, I did get to sit in a massage chair. Heavenly.
The wedding rehearsal was super fast and crazy hot. I'm walking with DC, so we caught up on my mission trip and his new marriage during our walks to and from our spots. We're walking in heels on grass, so hopefully there will be no tripping or getting stuck during the ceremony.
Then we went to the rehearsal dinner. It was Tex/Hawaiian, with delicious Texan food and awesome Hawaiian decorations. I like the other bridesmaids. I caught up with Chris, who is playing the music for the wedding. He is just like he once was, winking across rooms and saying dramatic things about his life as vaguely as possible. But it was really nice to see him again, and while he only said hello to the girls he knew from his church, he lit up and hugged me when he saw me. I require so much validation of friendships. Anyway, being reunited without drama is a nice thing.
And then Tim stood up and talked about how their wedding wasn't about him and Erin--it was about Jesus and his relationship to the church. And he was just so brave and so in love with Jesus...I love Tim. After that everyone could stand up and tell a story about Erin or Tim or give advice or whatever. It was so cool to hear everyone saying how awesome my friends are--I'm so proud to have them in my life. I'm so grateful God sent me to Turkey to meet them.
I actually stood and talked a bit. Said the cheesy "even though I've only known you guys for a year and a half, you're family" then related the requisite embarrassing story about them surviving marriage because they'd already survived putting eardrops in Erin.
There are five of us girls staying at Stephanie's tonight, and we all prayed for Erin before going to bed. I love having friends who put God first, who want to make sure that He's a part of big events.
Anyway, it was a lovely night. I'm excited for the actual wedding. I love the bride and the groom.
So how did everything go?
ReplyDelete