I can't upload pictures because of a slow internet connection, which is sad because I wanted to talk about the day via pictures. But I will use words instead.
The wedding was beautiful. I liked the bridesmaids more and more as the day went on and we bonded through bridesmaidly duties, like helping Erin go to the bathroom in her big wedding dress. Erin looked gorgeous, and she was a nervous wreck, which was unanticipated and kind of funny. The whole bridal party were northerners, which was nice because we were largely overwhelmed by Texans. Every time something weird happened, we said "Maybe that's how you do it in the South?" It was discriminatory, but my excuse is that I've been feeling some culture shock being here so long.
The wedding party got trammed to the ceremony spot just minutes before it started. Thank goodness; it was hot. I walked down the aisle with DC. Erin walked down the aisle and Tim grinned like crazy. It was very sweet.
The best part of the whole thing was the Turkey reunions! Obviously, there was Erin and Tim and DC and Stephanie. But Kevin and Bruce were there, as well as Chris and Jason! It was super really nice to see all of them, and I honestly mean all of them. We got a reunion picture. Steph and I interviewed some of them. I had nice long talks with Kevin (I love people who understand missions, because instead of asking the normal "Are you glad to be back in the United States?" he asked, "Do you miss Senegal?") and Jason (it was the longest, nicest conversation we've ever had, and it made me sad that I didn't stop by his office more often in Jackson) and Chris (he almost agreed to come over to Stephanie's house to watch the LOST finale, but bailed when Kevin said he couldn't and would therefore be the only boy).
It was lovely, and I danced stupid with only two other people on the dance floor, and the food was delicious, and I heart my Turkey family. I am so thrilled for the new Mr. and Mrs. Messer! Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment