Monday, July 19, 2010

My Mother

My mother and I have a weird relationship, in that we get along pretty much all of the time. I credit that to the fact that she doesn't act like my mother. How's that for parenting advice?

Today we went to see Despicable Me, and before the show started, they showed that "Take noisy children to the lobby" bit. My mom leaned over and whispered, "Are you going to be noisy?" I leaned back and said, "I think we both know you are the child of this relationship." Which she did not deny! Or agree.

But I think I was proved right when at the end of the movie, the part I had laughed hardest at was this exchange:

Adorable child: Will you read us a bedtime story?
Despicable man: No.
Adorable child: Pretty please?
Despicable man: The physical condition of the please makes no difference.

And the part that had my mom busting out laughing? When the minions photo-copied their butts.

And that's my mother, ladies and gentlemen! I'm rather fond of her. (hi, mom!)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Tricia! I'm glad I keep you amused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I'm amused, too. HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, mary...i don't even know what to say...
    tricia, that was one of my favorite lines too :)
    emily

    ReplyDelete