Sunday, September 18, 2011

Busy Weekend

Nothing makes me social like the alternative being an empty house full of sad memories.

On Saturday, I did senior pictures for a girl from Richwoods. It went pretty well, I think, and it was fun to play with my new camera, and also of course to get paid.

Then I went to the Pouillys house, just to see their cats. It was nice to cuddle with them, and one in particular was super adorable cuddly, and I think he stole my heart. There's a very good chance I will own him soon.

Then I went to my grandparents' house, because my grandpa is finally home from the hospital! It was good to see him in his natural environment, even if he still is in pain. Dislike.

I ended up at the Monahans', where Wendy made me cry, David and Abby made me laugh, and Mike reimpressed me with his ability to watch love movies...in this case, Jane Eyre! My favorite classic. The newest adaptation is not the best, because it's too short to really capture their flirtatiousness, but still it was lovely. A romance about a heroine who has a wild imagination and wants to see and experience the world, falling in love with a man based on personality and not looks, but unwillingly to betray her moral code for him, but everything winding up happy in the end? Duh. That's like my life dream.

It was late when the movie ended, and Mike offered for me to spend the night (I really like Mike). So I did, because of the aforementioned not liking to be in an empty house. A mattress was pulled into Abby's room, and she tried to foist a bunch of books on me while I tried to fall asleep. She lent me a shirt, and the next morning, off we went to church.

I went to the Newton's for lunch, and we had delicious homemade Chinese stuff. I cut James's hair, then Emily and I watched the season four finale of Doctor Who, which is one of my favorites. The happiness! The tragedy! Oh man, it's so good. Then Emily went to Petsmart with me and I bought a bunch of cat stuff. Here is what I plan to say to my cat when I get it:

"You are a rebound pet, okay? I want you because I miss my dog. I will abuse your cuddles and make your cuteness the salve to my grief. But eventually I will love you for you. Is that alright with you?"

And it will rub my legs and purr as I pet it, because cats are simple, and they don't care about complex human emotions so long as there is food and affection involved. THAT IS THE LIFE.

1 comment:

  1. weren't you going to get a girl? heard boy cats aren't the best?? just wondering. just thought. make sure no fleas! sorry no capitals-not sure how to do on dads tablet! when can we skype?

    ReplyDelete