Hurray! I've fallen in love! Again.
The old director of the library stopped by my office because she'd already introduced her visiting family members to my mother. They were about to move on when she paused. "Oh, Kyle, she lived in Africa just like you did."
Cue tall adorable blond. "Are those pictures?" he asked. "Mind if I step in and look at them?"
No, not at all.
Turns out we're the same age. When he graduated last spring, he wanted to live somewhere else. So he freaking moved to Nairobi and started a company. I'm sorry, WHAT!? It was about that point I was ready to propose marriage. But we talked a bit longer, about Mongolia and stuff. He has the best, most ridiculous smile. I felt like we were fighting for the title of Smile That Shows the Highest Number of Teeth, and he was wiping the floor with me.
Two bad he returns to Nairobi in two weeks. Too bad he doesn't want a two-week old acquaintance to join him.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
ReplyDeleteAs the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
You never know what He has in store for you...