Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Distracted by Jesus

The past couple nights, in an attempt to dwell in faith despite doubts (insert clearer concept from O Me Of Little Faith here), I've been writing out Ephesians. I was doing the second half of chapter one just now, and first, I love love love verse 17.

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better."

Yes please!

And then Paul goes on to describe how knowing God benefits us, and it's all very nice and enticing, but he gets totally sidetracked when he talks about Jesus. First Jesus is just an example to illustrate Paul's point, but then he takes three verses to talk about how awesome Jesus is, and he doesn't actually get back to his original point--us.

And that's how it should be, yeah? Forgetting ourselves in the presence, or mere mention, of our Lord Jesus Christ. I want to know him so intimately that of course, I do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment