Friday, June 3, 2011

Sleeping Drama in a Mongolian Guesthouse

I've heard from Gany, and she has found me a hostel called a guest house, which I think sounds a lot less slasher horror flick. There is a $25 a night private room, but I think that would make me feel like a snob. And then there is a $10 a night room with four beds. This could be awesome!

All my ideas of traveling solo involve making awesome friends, going out for a spot of drinking, mingling with locals, and laughing in the streets. I could make friends at the guest house!

But what if that means manly men would share the room? I have been conditioned to always expect the worst of men, because all they are out for is The Sex. I do not wish to be gang raped while in Mongolia (OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER). And of course, that is the logical consequence of sharing a room with a strange man. Or three strange men!

Anyway, I'm mostly being obnoxious (though that was my actual, not even lying fear), because I've already emailed the guest house and they said there is an all-woman room. Bring on the epic friendship adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment