I've missed a couple WBC family mission trips, but they were all because I lived in Jackson during summer break. This is the first time I'm missing one while being in Peoria. I think people assume I'm not going because I'm leaving for Mongolia next week, but that is not the case. I couldn't go to South Dakota because I am semi-contractually obligated to work 40 hours a week at the library during the Summer Reading Program.
That means I'll never get to go on a family mission trip, not while I work at the library, not while they take place June. I find this unfortunate, because the family mission trip is one of my favorite events of the year.
The only good thing so far (besides my housesitting job, and its faux independence) was the impromptu gathering outside the secret bathrooms this morning before Sunday School. The Webers, Bruce, my mom and I talked about why we weren't in SD, gave hih fives, and then...went to the bathroom. Hahaha. It's the little things.
No comments:
Post a Comment