Thursday, June 9, 2011

Here Comes the Bridesmaid!

I don't even have to be lonely anymore, because I have Doctor Who! And it's not antisocial or anything, because I then spend eight hours the next day discussing what I watched with Laura. (Also we talk about Battlestar Galactica, which I lent her.) It's so nice to get my social quota of the day at work, so now I don't have to force my way into people's homes. I can wait for them to invite me like a normal person.

Speaking of normal people things, my friend is getting married, which I've already talked about. But Ashley called today to officially ask me to be a bridesmaid. I kind of view bridesmaid hood as the adult version of a BFF necklace. It's pretty fantastic.

I love hearing Ashley talk about Stephen, because she is the most unromatic person I know. Yet she spouts off these cliched ideas like, "I knew I was going to marry him before I dated him" and "he makes me a better person." But she says them with a straight voice, because they aren't exaggeration, they are fact.

I have thought I was going to marry a person before dating them, and I have thought that a person brings out the best in me. This is why I don't deserve romance. My poor husband will be the last in a long line of fantasies and romantic gestures and forever ideas. But Ashley? She never thought she would feel that way, and now she does, without any frills or self-made deceptions.

I kind of envy my Ashley Pashley. I wish I were like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment