So after that whole blog thing on Monday, where Ryan read my review and tweeted about it, I emailed her like the fangirl I am. I have been obsessively checking my work email, fighting this battle of "it probably went to her spam, stop getting your hopes up, YOU ALWAYS GET YOUR HOPES UP" vs "well, she is obviously internet savvy and consistently checks things, so maybe, I mean maybe, oh please oh please?"
AND SHE RESPONDED. Like, three minutes ago I saw her email, because I cannot keep my emotions to myself.
Let me just copy/paste it here, so that years from now, when I reread my blog, it will be here to cheer me up and renew my fangirl screams.
Hey Tricia,
Thanks for your email! I found your review through my google alerts and like I said, I rarely read reviews but I was so curious by the little excerpt that I had to click through (it was your take on love triangles that piqued my curiosity). I just really loved your review because it felt like you “got” what I was writing — that Mary is selfish and flawed but still strong, the themes, difficult choices, etc. I just can’t explain the thrill I feel when I see a reader connecting to my book like that and it reminded me again how wonderful it is to be a writer and to have readers like you! I also just flat out love it when someone who isn’t a fan of zombies still likes my book (I wasn’t a fan of zombies until a few years ago either).
Thanks so much for brightening my day! I was even more thrilled to find out you were a librarian — very awesome! I do free skype visits with book groups so if you’re ever interested in setting something like that up, please let me know!
Thanks for everything you do to help the next generations find a passion for reading!
Carrie
Yeah. I so have incentive to build up my book groups now. A SKYPE CONVERSATION. I might never recover from this awesomeness. I AM HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH AN AUTHOR. This is like, the nerd version of talking to an athlete. But what am I saying, almost everyone who reads this blog understands my nerdy ways (and probably shares them).
flail flail endless flail
That is the coolest thing ever. The end.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you posted her response. I'm with Jennie, way cool!!
ReplyDeleteYes, it IS the coolest thing ever. :)
ReplyDeleteHehe. I share your nerdy ways. And I think it's cool, too :-)
ReplyDelete