Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Remembering

I finished reading through my Senegal blog, and when I got to the part where I drove to Dakar for the last time with Kim and Liz, I was reminded of this November, when we left Fatick to go to Sali.  I was really moody and silent, and Wendy asked what was wrong with me.  I kind of burst out in an obnoxious teenager way, "I hate leaving!"  And no one said anything, because they were all thrilled to move on to the retreat part.

And then at the end, in Dakar, as we left the government official's house and drove through the dark streets to the airport, I was moody again, staring out the window.  Because Wendy is my mentor/friend, she once again asked if I was okay.  Sally jumped in and joked, "She's a zombie!  She needs sleep."

Not so.  I was trying to hide the fact that I was crying.  Because it sucked.  It was such a tease to go back to Senegal for only a week and a half.  I didn't really give that trip its due on here, because it was over so quickly, and then life started up crazy fast here in Peoria.

But I miss Senegal.  Life seems clearer there.  And more adventurous.  I love living overseas, and even though there are a lot of awesome things about living in Peoria, there are a lot of not awesome things too.

I want life to be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment