I've been absolutely loving my added responsibility at work: ordering YA, Middle Grade, and Easy books. Okay, so mostly I've loved ordering the YA books, because THEY FEED MY SOUL. And as part of my research into what I should buy, I get to check out book blogs, which are pretty much the coolest (and nerdiest) things in the interwebs. Naturally, the way I know if I'll like a book blog is to scope out their opinion on the Hunger Games series.
Team Gale? Oh my word they must be idiots. Didn't like the finale? IDIOTS. (My insults are not very well-formed.) So then today I came across someone with a Team Peeta banner in the margin of their site, and on their list of books that had personally impacted them, this was written:
"I don't know what it was about this book {Mockingjay}, but it really and truly blew me away. It was, in my mind, the perfect ending to the Hunger Games trilogy, but more than that it was just really, really amazing. It broke my brain. It gave me a reading hangover. It showed me how powerful a book can be. I don't know how to explain it except to say that it had been years since I had read something that - through sheer force of story - made me feel so much."
YES EXACTLY. Must re-read the entire series whenever my stack of to-read books lessens even slightly.
hahaha you are so funny :)
ReplyDelete